The role of a Life Coach is that of a confidant, counselor and champion. A Life Coach helps build confidence and instill personal accountability/responsibility in people, as well as helps establish boundaries for those seeking assistance.
The Life Coaching program equips its Life Coaches with the skills required to support formerly incarcerated persons’ reentry efforts. Ensuring support and success for Clients, a Life Coach works in concert with Reentry+ staff.
- 21 years of age
- No felony conviction (within last year)
- Not actively on probation/parole
- Complete one 4-hour training class
- One-year commitment
- Submit to a background check
Training Class Topics
The topics below are covered in the life coach training workshop:
- History of mentorship
- Concepts and practices of mentoring
- Qualities of a good Life Coach
- Communication skills
- Program partners
- Common behavioral characteristics
- Program rules
- Working through challenging situations
If you are interested in becoming a Life Coach with the Reentry+ program offered through Abe Brown Ministries, please download and complete the Become a Life Coach form and submit it here.
You can also Contact Us or call 813.247.3285 for more information.